Link to the forum thread, make your thoughts known there:
The new rotation is as follows:
Twin Rivers, Roanoke, EOTS, Open Palms, Regor VI, Theta Passage, Seraphim Glaciers, Loki, Open Waters, Diversity v8, Bermuda Locket, Better Isis, Forbidden Pass, Vulcan’s Reach v3, Monaki
Twin Rivers, Roanoke, EOTS, Open Palms. Regor VI, Theta Passage, White Fire, Canis River, Seraphim Glaciers, Syrtis Major, Crimson Feud, Crag Dunes, Cobalt Valley, Stella Maris 1v1, Flooded Tabula Rasa,
proxy’d by Gorton
We’ve released patch 3650, the first balance patch in a while.
See the changes at http://content.faforever.com/patchnotes
In case you prefer consuming the patchnotes in video form, BRNKoINSANITY has made a video about the changes, see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVzECcuFupA.
Thanks to everyone who helped code, test and otherwise contribute to this patch!
– Foley, Nombringer, Nyx, pip, Sheeo, Vee, ZLO, Zock
The stable version of FAF has been updated with the following changes:
- ASF no longer have issues gaining targets when just given move orders
- Satelite works with ‘no-air’ restriction again
- Seraphim destroyer surfaces after building again
- Remove ‘no sc1 units’ restriction that would make the game unplayable
Thanks for reporting problems on the forums – Sheeo
Hey folks, we’ve pushed patch 3646 as a bugfix update to 3644.
We’re moving to a versioning scheme where even-numbered patches are stable and odd numbered versions are beta.
So 3645 is still the beta patch for the upcoming balance changes–it’s still in testing and we expect it to be ready soon! In the meantime, we’ve released patch 3646 as a bugfix update to 3644:
Patch 3646 (August 11, 2015)
- UEF buildbots no longer explode after being built with ‘no-air’ restriction enabled
- Commanders no longer explode immediately with the ‘no-land’ restriction enabled
- Upgraded hives are no longer invincible
- Destroyer intel works again
- Beam weapons will no longer keep firing their lasers after designated targets have died
- Nukes will always penerate personal shields again
- Paused units which start work on a building will no longer consume resources
- Coop will freeze less often because of an update to the core game. Please keep testing coop and provide feedback!
- Units with sonar no longer have it enabled while on land
- Added ‘no T3 air’ restriction
- Multiline messages in chat no longer time out faster than non-multine
- New messages no longer ghost previous ones
Thanks a lot to ckitching, codingsquirrel and bamboofats for their work!
We’ve released a minor update for 3644 containing just some UI fixes:
- “More unit info” mod has been improved and integrated. It’s on by default, but can be turned off in the “interface” section of game options
- We now have an improved mod manager that allows us to blacklist incompatible mods, which should help with alleviating some problems people have been having with outdated UI/normal mods.
- Old versions of maps are no longer displayed in the map options dialog in the lobby (There’s an option to “Show obsolete”)
Regarding the situation of incompatible mods, we’re working on a means to allow people to play with a version of FAF that is compatible with old mods which haven’t been updated for a long time.
If any developers of these old mods are still around we would love to hear from them and help them get their mods updated!
Thanks a tonne to ckitching and CodingSquirrel for their work!