We’re very happy to be able to release a new bugfix patch today. As well as the usual fixes and feature additions, this patch will also allow BlackOps to run in the non-beta game.
- New feature to give a player a reason why you kicked them from your lobby
- Brand new game modes in addition to Full Share and Share Until Death. These should be great fun in FFA games
- New ability to cap mexes much more easily by right-clicking on them with Engineers
- Loads of new tooltips and language translations
Full patch notes here: https://github.com/FAForever/fa/blob/3660/changelog.md
Hi everyone. This is the draft of the pledge I want the Players Councilor nominee to sign. Ultimately I want all FAF Councilors to sign a similar pledge – with just The Responsibilities changed.
This is not intended to be a legally binding contract, but simply a commitment to the community and the council. Please share any thoughts you have.
FAF Councilors Pledge: The Players Councilor
Forged Alliance Forever (FAF) is a community project of players and contributors who want to sustain and advance the game Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.
The Council of Setons is a group of FAF contributors selected and tasked with the responsibility to guide the FAF community project.
The Players Councilor is a member of the Council of Setons, who will be elected by the community to work on These Responsibilities:
- Communicate with as many FAF players as is possible to gather, represent, and promote their ideas and interests.
- Organize a schedule of the FAF community project events.
- Organize tournament directors who run tournaments for players.
- Gather feedback from the FAF project community to determine their top desires and problems.
- Present and represent this information in the best interests of the players to the Council of Setons.
As a nominee for The Players Councilor, I pledge that:
- I will spend at least 4 hours per week working on These Responsibilities.
- I will be available at least 2 hours every other week for a voice call to discuss These Responsibilities and the responsibilities of other FAF Councilors.
- I will use and be available on the FAF Slack (chat) as much as possible.
- I will do my best to help the other Councilors perform their responsibilities.
- I understand that if I am unable to perform these duties, I will resign or be replaced.
The Players Councilor
IceDreamer has finally finished remaking Black ops! As a result, this tourney will be hosted to promote the mod, and make sure the mod is bug free and complete.
Blackops should be featured again before the tourney takes place, and if not, you can download BlackOps FAF: Unleashed from the mod vault.
Sign up today on the forum
Updated server software have been installed.
- Fixed issue #175 “Don’t rate single player games”
- Fixed issue #200 “Ingame swords still display in aeolus”
- Fixed issue #201 “Make sure game / players are dirtied when a game connection ends”
- Fixed issue #202 “Games with uneven and FFA player count are rated (2v6)”
- Fixed issue #206 “Unrank FFA, uneven teams and unreported games”
- Fixed issue #211 “Adapt new mod table structure”
- Fixed issue #216 “Update number of games”
- Fixed issue #39 “Mod upload”
- Fixed issue #73 “Authentication ignores bans”
- Fixed issue #86 “Make map version integer”
- Fixed issue #87 “Map: Rename “technicalName” to “folderName””
- Fixed issue #103 “Replace map folder in *all* lua files”
Thanks to everyone who contributed!
the qualification tournaments are already on the way and the tournament has been talked about a lot, but I’m happy to officially announce the LegendOfTheStars End-of-Year-Championship 2016!
Click to see the trailer
The tournament features the best 16 FAF players competing for the title, a unique trophy, and a cash prize in a series of exciting games!
Four of the players have already claimed their spot and proved that they are worthy to compete to be the best. Four more spots will be achieved by the winners of the next qualification tournament, holding place next Saturday.
The tournament will take place on the 17th & 18th of December and will be broadcasted live! The coverage will begin around 15:00 GMT, don’t miss the biggest FAF event of the year!
All prizes are sponsored by LegendOfTheStars, who made this tournament possible and deserves all credits for it. Thank you very much!
* First Prize – AU$500 and the trophy as FAF Champion 2016
* Second Prize – AU$150
* Third Prize – AU$50
The competitors are:
Further thanks go to our most loved (and only) FAF loli for creating the promo video, to stups & tokyto as tournament directors and to arkitect for providing his great stream coverage! And to all players and contributors who make FAF possible in the first place, thank you all! Let’s have a great tournament.