- Fixing an error with corrupted replays.
- Custom map pool for the matchmaker.
How is matchmaker working now?
You are now selecting the maps you want to play out of 80+ maps.
When you are matched against someone, the server is checking both players map list, make a common pool of your maps, and randomly choose one in that list.
What if I didn’t select any map, or there is no common maps?
You need to have at least 15 maps in common.
If it’s not the case, the server is throwing a dice. Depending of the result (random), it will complete the list to have 15 maps with one of these rules :
- Select the top selected/popular maps. (it’s similar to constant poll over the map list).
- Randomly select map in the map pool of player 1.
- Randomly select map in the map pool of player 2.
For the last two cases, if it still doesn’t have 15 maps at the end, it will use the first case to complete the list.
If there is no common map, you have 33% chances of having a map of your list, 33% of having a popular map (can be ones of your list), and 33% chances of playing the favorite map of your enemy.
If there are some common maps, the chances of having a map of your list are of course higher.
So, to have more chances to play a map you like, you have to select at least 15 of them, but it’s not mandatory.
- Fixing a crash with channel modes (http://www.faforever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5704).
- Temporarily removed the matchmaker.
Why the matchmaker has been removed?
The current settings is a constant source of complains about the map pool, the league system, and the lack of functions like map veto.
This sadly put me under a lot of stress, and I prefer to remove the function instead of having a half-working one.
It will be back when it’s working properly.
The survey to elect the balance team for patch 3629 is now opened.
You will not choose directly what team you want.
You will first rank each team by his composition, then individually vote for all proposals.
It’s made that way because some changes are common to several teams.
The vote will end the November 3rd, and the votes will be proceeded to rate what team is the closest to what YOU want.
Some changes may eventually be denied or imposed to that team depending on the results.
Click on the link below to vote !
(you need to log with your client to see your token).
For some reasons, the survey doesn’t provide a feedback when you press “Submit”. But it’s still registering your answer!
The rules for season 5 have changed.
You start at 0 point, in the scout league.
Once you’ve reach a new league, your score is reset. You can’t go back to a previous league.
You can’t go lower than 0 point.
- You gain 0.5 points for beating a player of inferior league 1 point for same league / 1.5 point for higher league.
- You lose 0.5 points for losing to a equal league player.
- You lose 1 point for losing to an inferior league player.
Leagues and divisions:
Scout League : needs 50 points to move on to the T1 league
- Division Mole = less than 10 points.
- Division Spirit = more than 10 points, less than 20.
- Division Snoop = more than 20 points, less than 30.
- Division Selen = more than 30, less than 40.
- Division Mech Marine = between 40 and 50.
T1 League : needs 75 points to move on to the t2 league.
- Division Striker = less than 15 points.
- Division Thaam = more than 15 points, less than 30.
- Division Aurora = more than 30 points, less than 45.
- Division Zthuee = more than 45, less than 60.
- Division Mantis = between 60 and 75.
T2 League : needs 100 points to move on to the t3 league.
- Division Blaze = less than 20 points.
- Division Pillar = between 20 and 40.
- Division Obsidian = between 40 and 60.
- Division Wagner = between 60 and 80.
- Division Ilshavoh = between 80 and 100.
T3 League : needs 125 points to move on to the Experimental league
- Division Loyalist = less than 25 points.
- Division Titan = between 25 and 50 points.
- Division Othuum = between 50 and 75 points.
- Division Harbinger = between 75 and 100 points.
- Division Percival = between 100 and 125 points.
Experimental League :
- Division MonkeyLord = less than 50 points.
- Division Fatboy = between 50 and 100 points.
- Division Ythotha = between 100 and 150 points.
- Division Colossus = between 150 and 200 points.
- Division Megalith = More than 200 points.