Change log :
- FreeImage warning are now ignored. They were causing the annoying, but harmless “Application has stop incorrectly, ….. check faforever.exe.log” errors when the lobby was closing.
- Incorrectly downloaded images are correctly replaced with the usual placeholder.
- Fixed an issue with the reinforcement panel crashing the lobby when units were given.
- Fixed various display bugs.
- The way attacks and defenses are handled is modified:
- When you are launching an attack, you start “charging” it.
- When fully charged, the planet occupation is increased by 5% for your faction.
- A defense will stop the charge.
- Losing a defense make the charge continues. No other malus. (don’t fear defending! Nothing to lose! No fear to recall, nothing bad can happen!)
- Winning a defense stop the charge and give some money to the defender.
- Setting “away” or quitting GW without giving your attack stop it immediately.
- It’s a new mechanism, bugs may (and certainly will) occur. Don’t hesitate to report anything in the forum!
- The mod vault is now scanning mods in zip files (but you shouldn’t do that).
- The mod vault is now using the cache folder for mod icons.
- Mod icons are downloading in background.
- The sort options in the mod vault are now working.
- The game lister display list of mod more nicely.
- (Untested) Windows XP support for the mod vault. You should update to Seven
- Fixed an issue when joining games from the chat.
- “Quit” messages are now only displayed when the player is actually in that channel.
- Avoid displaying non-downloaded avatars (white square).
- Support for random colored Nicknames. Check Options menu!
Note : As always, the colors used by that option can be modified by a theme.
The file can be found and modded in “_res/client/randomcolors.json”.
It’s a json encoded list of HTML color. The lobby will chose randomly a color in that list, depending of the nickname (a nickname will always get the same color).